Thank you to those who joined us for our 2017 Spring meeting on April 20th. We will have another parent meeting on June 21st for all new and returning marching band students the week of the June band camp. We will go into more depth about the marching program, the boosters, and opportunities to participate.
Remember we have many resources to get additional information about the program:
- The most important step is to sign up for Fanouts, which is our e-mail based message system.
- Visit the Keeping in Touch page for all the ways we diseminate information
- Ask our New Member Representative Sarah Rutman
- Ask our Directors Jon Thomann and Michael Wells
- Ask our Treasurer Patti Barszcz for any questions about your student's account
- Question about specific topics, such as Uniforms, Crew or Web/Fanout - visit our Contact Page
- Ask other parents who have been in the program in previous years
Here is the information packet that was distributed during the meeting
- New MB Member Packet 2017 (668.67 KB)
Here is a New Member calendar. All the dates in the document are also on the band calendar.
- 2017 Marching Band New Member Rehearsals V2 (85.55 KB)
Thank you to all the parents who joined us for the Parent Meeting in the Canton Little Theater on March 15th. It was great to meet with all of you!
In everything we do, we believe in teaching students to reach their potential. We believe in
critical thinking, creativity, and growth.
The way we challenge students is by engaging them in understanding that the road between
goal setting and achievement is paved with discipline and consistency.
We just happen to do it through music.
Here is the presentation:
Here is some of the useful information covered at the meeting in addition to the information posted in the presentation.
- We will have a Marching Band specific parent meeting on April 20th.
- The Marching Band spring schedule is posted on the Calendar. The legend is on the bottom of the page.
- The first Marching Band rehearsal for new members is on April 13th.
- Students considering joining the Marching Band are encourage to attend the rehearsals to see what the program is all about. There is no obligation up to the Thursday of the first week of Band Camp.
- Contact Jonathan Thomann, Director of Bands or Michael Wells, Associate Director of Bands, for any Curricular or Extracurricular ensemble questions.
- Our New Member Representative is Sarah Rutman, is available to answer any questions about the boosters and what new parents and students can expect . You can find other contact information on our Contact page.
- Parents are encouraged to join us at our next booster meeting, which takes place April 11th.
- A great place to get additional information is to sign up for our Fanouts. We send our e-mails with important information on a regular basis.