Each student has to enroll in one Fine and Performing Arts Credit to meet the graduation requirements to earn a High School Diploma.
Here are the steps to sign up for band in High School to earn that credit.
- Select/write “General Band” on your schedule
- One of our high school directors will visit you during your 8th grade band class in the spring and listen to you play your instrument.
- They will then place you in one of the five bands offered at P-CEP
- Varsity Band — Mostly Freshman
- Concert Band — Mostly Freshman, Mostly Sophomores, Some Juniors
- Symphony Band — Some Freshman, Mostly Sophomores, Some Juniors
- Chamber Winds — Some Sophomores, Mostly Juniors, Some Seniors
- Wind Ensemble — Some Juniors, Mostly Seniors
Students are placed in the bands according to their individual skill set, not by grade. The list above is a snapshot of what our bands currently look like at P-CEP. We have had freshmen make Chamber Winds and Wind Ensemble during their freshman year. Anything is possible with a great attitude, desire, and a strong work ethic.